Re: An emacs based `xdg-desktop-portal` filechooser

From: Rahguzar
Subject: Re: An emacs based `xdg-desktop-portal` filechooser
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 22:00:52 +0200

Peter Oliver <p.d.oliver@mavit.org.uk> writes:

> On Wed, 31 May 2023, Rahguzar wrote:
>
> To ensure that Emacs is started before emacsclient, perhaps systemd socket
> activation is worth investigating.

This should be possible and I think the Emacs user service to start
daemon is a notify service and so maybe just using a systemd service for
activation which depends on the the Emacs service will work. However, I
don't use daemon due anymore to some font issues which I don't remember
very well but basically stem from the fact that daemon has to deal with
both graphical and terminal frames. I only use graphical frames and
starting server after Emacs works better. Due to this I think forcing
people to start daemon just for this might be heavy handed. I am not too
familiar with systemd and have only a faint idea of what a socket is so
this might be off the mark from what you were suggesting.

Rahguzar