Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 10:20:16 +0300

> What about using the "C-x 4" prefix?  We could define a new prefix map
> bound to "C-x 4 h", then have all the bindings in *Help* be in the map
> prefixed by "C-x 4 h".  For example, "C-x 4 h I" will run a command
> which will produce the same effect as help-goto-lispref-info, using
> the current *Help* window as its starting point.
>
> We could support "C-x 5 h" prefixed key sequences in a similar manner,
> for people who have Info buffers or *Help* buffers in another frame.
>
> WDYT?

'C-x 4 h' and 'C-x 5 h' are quite mnemonic and convenient to type.
What I tried to do is to adapt this to windmove to support a window
in any direction, but in any case they all could use the same
internal general function.

So this allow to support more commands than the currently limited set of
scroll-other-window, scroll-other-window-down, recenter-other-window,
beginning-of-buffer-other-window, end-of-buffer-other-window.