Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 11:03:57 +0200

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

>> What about using the "C-x 4" prefix?  We could define a new prefix map
>> bound to "C-x 4 h", then have all the bindings in *Help* be in the map
>> prefixed by "C-x 4 h".  For example, "C-x 4 h I" will run a command
>> which will produce the same effect as help-goto-lispref-info, using
>> the current *Help* window as its starting point.

If you are talking about help-map and help-mode-map, the help-map is already
bound to C-h, so you could then add help-mode-map on a 'h' key in help-mode as I
tested while I working with this. It gives you C-h h l for
help-goto-lispref-info which is one key shorter and it is easier to type then
C-x 4 h since you can just tapp 'h' twice instead of using another key.