Re: ChangeLog and commit messages

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: ChangeLog and commit messages
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 14:57:23 +0300

On 19/06/2023 13:10, Po Lu wrote:
At my organization, which uses SVN, each new revision
is required to change only one file, and updates to ChangeLog are
performed separately after all edits are checked in and the
corresponding files are unlocked.  This is also the same policy that was
used by Emacs development in the CVS days, I think.

Sounds like your organization uses a fairly antiquated workflow.

Luckily, we're a few steps ahead now in Emacs development.