Re: default charset for text/html selection in X11

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: default charset for text/html selection in X11
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:14:13 +0200

    >> (get-text-property 0 'foreign-selection html) => STRING
    >>
    >> but itʼs definitely a utf-8 string, not iso-latin-1.

    Eli> Does that depend on the locale, per chance?  Could you try changing
    Eli> the locale's codeset and looking at what Chromium produces then?

LC_ALL=C chromium

makes no difference, although

LC_ALL=C firefox

results in U+00A0 being transferred as U+0020, but something like

U+2764 U+FE0F still gives me utf-8 constituent bytes:

\xe2\x9d\xa4\xef\xb8\8f

so Iʼm thinking that using `gui-get-selection' is the right thing. Lars,
can you shed any light on why yank-media uses
`gui-backend-get-selection' rather than `gui-get-selection'?

Robert