Re: Possible bug: org-capture fails when emacs started as daemon

From: Iñigo Serna
Subject: Re: Possible bug: org-capture fails when emacs started as daemon
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 17:09:12 +0200

Hi Morgan,

On 12 August 2023 at 19:05 +02, Morgan Willcock <morgan@ice9.digital> wrote:

Iñigo Serna <inigoserna@gmx.com> writes:

Since some months ago (sorry, can't remember when it started) I'm suffering a problem with org-capture: every time I run it and select a template it errors with message "org-capture: Capture template ‘i’: Buffer name ‘CAPTURE-todo.org’ is in use". I'm posting the issue here in case it's a silly thing on my side before opening a bug report.

If it helps, I was having the same issue and narrowed it down to changes
I had made to face-remapping-alist [...]

Bingo! I missed a hook of `after-make-frame-functions` in my
configuration that precisely calls a function which plays with
face-remap.

Removing it makes org-capture work again.

Thanks a lot!
--
Iñigo Serna