emacsconf-org

Re: We are considering an OrgConf (probably before June 2023)

From: Leo Vivier
Subject: Re: We are considering an OrgConf (probably before June 2023)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 07:59:02 +0200

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> I hope you're doing great!  With other Org maintainers, we are
> considering organizing an OrgConf - not too soon, as we are now
> focused on releasing Org 9.6.

That’s great news!

With EmacsConf, we’re starting to reach the limits of what is attainable
within a two-day conference, and we’d set a soft-goal to rethink the
format for next year; but, with your volunteering to hold an OrgConf in
the summer, we probably won’t need to! :)

> I'm lurking on this list not just to say hello and encourage you
> (I'm really looking forward watching the videos after the EmacsConf,
> since I cannot attend, sadly), but also to learn from your work.
>
> Perhaps we may need some help at some point, I'll let you know when
> we have something like a plan (a date and a purpose).

We’d be more than happy to share our tooling, our infra, and all the
lessons we’ve learned along the way with you.  Also, I’m sure some of
our organizers and volunteers would be willing to help you if you want
them to, both for preparing and/or running OrgConf.

We’ll be looking forward to your news!

Best,
--
Leo Vivier