emacsconf-org

Re: We are considering an OrgConf (probably before June 2023)

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: We are considering an OrgConf (probably before June 2023)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 08:15:37 -0400

That would be fantastic! I can't wait to see what you have in mind. :) I think it will be a terrific way to create and capture deep conversations around Org Mode. Please feel free to loop me into your planning so I can chime in with whatever's easy to reuse. Where should I start paying attention to? (Hmm, I've been meaning to start monitoring the org-mode mailing list for Emacs News anyway, and I see there's a thread this month about getting a meetup going that we might also be able to help with...)

I'll keep OrgConf in mind as I work on the tooling we've been building in order to scale up EmacsConf. (Easy enough, I already have a variable for conference name that I should use more often...) Depending on what you have in mind, I might be able to volunteer to do the same kind of things I do for EmacsConf: scheduling, publishing, coordination, captions, automation, and now infrastructure too, which I handle mostly with two large Org files and the Ansible playbook I'm building along the way.

It'll be fun! :)

Sacha

On Fri, Oct 21, 2022, 02:36 Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
Hi Leo,

Leo Vivier <zaeph@zaeph.net> writes:

> but, with your volunteering to hold an OrgConf in
> the summer, we probably won’t need to! :)

This is not acted yet, but we plan to orient this OrgConf as something
for Org contributors (in a wide sense), rather than Org users, listing
problems we want to collectively solve before the conf: both decisions
will certainly reduce the organization load.

> We’d be more than happy to share our tooling, our infra, and all the
> lessons we’ve learned along the way with you.

That's very much appreciated, thanks Leo and the team!

--
 Bastien