emacsconf-org

Re: Zen Emacs

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: Zen Emacs
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 22:41:28 -0400

Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com> writes:

Hello, Anand!

> I've been working on a plethora of ideas around extending Emacs. Since they
> are highly disparate ideas, I think the small videos can fit in as fillers
> / lightning talks. Below are some playlists containing the proposed videos
> on Youtube.
> GNU Emacs for Electronics
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW9poAEUvGDC7ZWO69qrwRMqdW2xYLsGt
> GNU Emacs for Note taking
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW9poAEUvGDDxCZX-3xIQ3Wb1HOVcg7N_
> GNU Emacs as a lightweight IDE
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14tLD5XiCU&list=PLW9poAEUvGDAMYvvznljaNtvooaJZxsFQ&pp=gAQBiAQB
> I can make myself available for questions in a separate session. Let me
> know what you think.

I like your experiments. =) That could work. Maybe we could sprinkle in
some particularly cool demos with a pointer to when the Q&A with you, or
you can figure out a good flow for a 20-minute presentation that can
quickly touch on a number of different things, followed by Q&A. I think
it might inspire people to try different ideas, especially if you share
how you go about figuring these things out. Actually, that might be an
interesting unifying theme that connects those disparate ideas. What
tips can you share so that other people can learn how to tinker with
those types of things?

Cc-ing emacsconf-submit@gnu.org so that it gets saved as a submission too.
We're trying out early notification for speakers, so we'll give it a
week to see if other people on the mailing list will chime in!

Sacha