Re: [emms-help] New EMMS repo location

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [emms-help] New EMMS repo location
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:20:43 +0200

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> I've also made a git mirror of the repository, just to see if there's
> any interest from others in using it (since git is my favorite VCS).

I prefer git over darcs, too.  (Maybe darcs2 will change that, who
knows?)

> The "primary" repository will remain in darcs until some hypothetical
> day when consensus is reached to switch away.
>
> To retrieve the git repo, do either:
>
>   git clone git://git.hcoop.net/git/mwolson/emacs/emms.git

Is it possible to devel using git, too, e.g. do you merge the changes
from git to darcs?  (If you don't fear possible problems, there's a tool
called taylor [1] that promises to do exactly that.)

Bye,
Tassilo
[1] http://progetti.arstecnica.it/tailor/wiki