Re: [emms-help] [Yoni Rabkin] Re: Patch: emms-playlist-tracks-in-region

From: Fran Burstall
Subject: Re: [emms-help] [Yoni Rabkin] Re: Patch: emms-playlist-tracks-in-region
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 20:35:04 +0100

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 18:40, Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> wrote:
Fran Burstall <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Look in the emms-playlist-limit branch for a new version of
> emms-playlist-limit.el that operates on the playlist in the current
> buffer rather than the current playlist.  While I was there, I tried
> to make the doc-strings a little more expressive.

It seems to work well (haven't tried it a lot.) This can be merged into
master.

Will do.

I pushed a small patch to fix the copyright header.

Thanks!

> Meanwhile, I just got burned by emms-playlist-sort having the same
> behaviour: no matter what playlist buffer you hit "S a" in, it is the
> current playlist that gets sorted by info-artist.  I was mashing the
> keys and not understanding why the playlist I was looking at did not
> sort!
>
> If you agree that this is a bug, I am happy to fix...

I'm going to go ahead and say that probably anywhere this behavior is
found it is a bug, or at least an older and unwanted behavior. Care
would need to be taken to read the respective doc-strings in case they
explicitly mention acting on the current buffer.

OK---I will have a look at emms-playlist-sort.el with that in mind.

---Fran