Re: integration with beets

From: Aleksas Tunikas
Subject: Re: integration with beets
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 20:07:43 +0300

"Fran Burstall (Gmail)" <fran.burstall@gmail.com> writes:

>  However, it would also be good if you can list the features of beets
>  that you think are missing in Emms. Perhaps we can use that as a way to
>  help roadmap tagging and library management in Emms.
>
> For me, the killer feature of beets is its import command:
> * checks and optionally corrects media metadata from musicbrainz and,
> optionally, discogs
> * installs the media in the right dir in your music library
> * takes care of album art for various values of "takes care"
>
> All of these should be possible to implement in emms...
>
> ---Fran

I think you right Fran, if we can get metadata/directory managment we
also would be able to customize the playlisting (on a birthday of
Sinatra only play rolling stones), and I think it fits what we got
already. The only question is that how deep one can go and would need to
make it be able to do something like that. And I hope not too deep.

--
Aleksas Tunikas
http://www.schopenhauer.fm