fab-user

Re: Contributing to Fabric

From: Deepankar Pundale
Subject: Re: Contributing to Fabric
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 00:13:46 +0530

Yes thanks guys.

I did look at all the issues about feature requests and bug fixes, and they all seemed a little heavy to just dive into. Didn't have a very good look at PRs, I think I'll do that next. I think getting involved in the community answering questions and understanding the project(s) more would be a better first step to get my hands wet.

One issue I did discover was the threading group being thread unsafe. Running that on 1000 hosts wasn't a good idea, but running it on 100 worked. Fab tool has a pool_size option? I'm not sure how it worked and why I couldn't find docs about it to use it in the library. I'm sure there's an explanation and I'll hunt. I'll take Jeff's feedback seriously and try contributing in areas that don't involve submitting new code directly.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. The thing I loved the most about fabric was invoke's "watchers" option. Wasn't able to find that anywhere else honestly.