ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Interpretation of errors

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Interpretation of errors
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:30:00 +0200

Arun Viswanathan wrote:

> Hi, I have been running my code on different mesh sizes (adjusting the
> number of vertices in the mesh)....I get the following errors for
> different mesh dimensions. Could any of you please tell me what these
> errors mean to me and how I should correct them??
>
> Errors:
>
> 1. No object has reference that matches the scene
This means that ff3d did not find in the Scene object of the color you
specified. This might come from your specification of a color in the
union.

> 2. No cell has reference that matches (2)! (2 refers to one of the
> figures in POV-ray file)
Your background mesh might not be fine enough to capture all the details
you set... Try with finer mesh...

> 3. Segmentation fault (happens in very first iteration)
The surface mesh generator is not finished and you may experiment bugs
with it ... we are fixing it, Pascal and Cecile did good job and they
are waiting for me to finish and integration class, but at the very
moment time is missing to me. When it is done, this may fix those
problems ... Generally changing the mesh size can solve this problem (as
you may have noticed).

Stephane.