ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] The code works :)....yeah, finally!!

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: [ff3d-users] The code works :)....yeah, finally!!
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:36:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Stephane, you were (ofcourse) right about
'segmentation fault' errors. Although I still get the
error for many meshes that I try, there are some
meshes that run fine without giving an error of any
kind. Thanks ever so much for all your help and
suggestions.

I still have 1 question tho', how could I make sure
that the solved values that I obtain are actually
converged values. I ran my solver in a 'for' loop for
5 iterations and for 20 iterations. The values
obtained seem to be different (Is it because of time,
20 iterations means more time for the leak to
spread??). Are these external iterations (due to the
'for' loop) different from the iterations actually run
by the solver?? Does the solver just decide on its own
how many iterations are needed for the convergence to
occur??

Well, it is obviously not just 1 question that I had,
but atleast they are all 1 topic :)
Thank you once again, best regards,
Arun.