ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] Navier-Stokes problem

From: Thomas B
Subject: [ff3d-users] Navier-Stokes problem
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:45:23 +0200

Hi!
I tried to use FreeFEM3D to simulate an object being pulled through water.
First I used the example "navier-stokes.ff" provided with FreeFEM3D but I had several problems with the "eps" parameter. After searching in the archive of this mailing list I found the thread started by Dominique Deloisin just a few days ago and the nice solution by Stephan.
But I still have some problems:
1) Is it possible to simulate the case described above by assuming that the object rests while water is moving? The flow is assumed to be stationary. 2) If yes, how can you compute the force acting on the object if the algorithm forces the pressure to be quite random in the object itself? It seems to be impossible to accurately interpolate the pressure on the actual surface of the object.

Best regards,
Thomas