ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Navier-Stokes problem

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Navier-Stokes problem
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 01:30:38 +0200

Hello.

Le dimanche 10 juin 2007, Thomas B a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> thank you very much for your help.
>
> Unfortunately the results are not quite the one I expect: F_z should at
> least be positive (a tilted plate in a flow should be experience a force
> upwards).
>
> Is anything basically wrong to simulate such a case?
According to the input velocity and the position of the obstacle, the forces
seam correct to me. But, after looking more carefully to your simulation, it
seems that the projection algorithm is still not very good...

I have another one from JL Guermond  that is much better. I will try it and
send it to you in a few days I hope.

Best regards,
Stéphane.