[Fle3-users] Upgrading Fle3/very slow Fle3

From: Giedre Kligyte
Subject: [Fle3-users] Upgrading Fle3/very slow Fle3
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:18:24 +0200

Hello,

I have a question to people who have been using Fle3 from the early versions
and have been upgrading it while the courses were running.

During Xmas holiday I visited one school (in fact visited the server and the
teacher) in Lithuania where they have Fle3 1.2.1 beta version running.
Unfortunately they didn't upgrade it early, so what they have now is a
course running for half a year, no administrator that would understand Zope,
very old server, etc. Fle3 runs extremely slow there - takes about 1 minute
to load a page!!! (you can imagine how it affects students motivation..)

I tried to upgrade it to the new Fle3 version, but unfortunately in their
version of Fle3 the xml export seems to be broken (as far as I understand
there is no Fle3 export, only Zope object export) and there's no course
export functionality in that version yet!! I didn't want to risk just
upgrading Fle3, because it has changed quite a lot since then and may break
their courses.

Could anyone suggest what could be the problem why Fle3 runs so slow and if
you can think of any ways to upgrade the Fle3 without destroying the
courses?

Merry Xmas and New Year!
Giedre