Re: [fluid-dev] Changing sequencer time-scale

From: Jeroen Neve
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Changing sequencer time-scale
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 16:28:42 +0000

From: Tom M. <tom.mbrt@googlemail.com>
Sent: 26 December, 2020 00:05
To: Jeroen Neve <jeroen.neve@hotmail.com>

> This quirk will be fixed in fluidsynth 2.2.0. There are still two issues open before we are ready for releasing it. In the meantime, you can clone recent master and try it yourself. Feedback is welcome.

Thanks, Tom.

I’ve rebuilt fluidsynth from the lastest source, and now it works as one would expect. ( the sequencer tick keeps track when the time-scale changes.)

I also tried a time-scale factor > 1000.0, and the tempo sped up without a hitch.

Only tested this through the callback mechanism however, as the fluid_seq_scale  event was not yet pulled into the master branch.

Thanks again for  your efforts,
Jeroen Neve