Re: [fluid-dev] Changing sequencer time-scale

From: dave
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Changing sequencer time-scale
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 18:55:23 -0000

Thanks for that Tom and Jeroen,

I'm still working on saving a wav file, so it looks like it will probably be
ready in a release version by the time I'm ready for it!

The time-scale factor > 1000.0 is also particularly useful.  I habitually work
with a MIDI 'division' (ticks per crotchet/quarter-note) of 480, as this
(=5*3*32) allows an even split into 128th notes, and triplets and quintuplets.
 With that value, a typical march tempo of 120 crotchets per minute results in
960 ticks per second, and anything faster will go past 1000.   So it's nice not
to have to compromise on this.

Dave