formuleweb-general

[Formuleweb-general] half

From: Bert Williamson
Subject: [Formuleweb-general] half
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:48:22 +0900

He found Rachel in her bed, the daylight shut out, her door locked.
Its been a right busy time on the place, Aunt Sapphy. And how did the gentlemen cometo know you were related to Mr. He wouldnt come prowling around back here among theweeds. Youve kept me waiting for you along while, Martin.
God, Idrather it had been any other nigger on the place!
Never mind; he would keep at a distance for a while, as if he hadforgotten the cherry tree. People say they used to keep theplace up as long as you went to visit there. Hell be shore to overtake me up in thewoods.
Nancy dropped her basket and almost fell out of the treeherself.
For years, ever since she was a child, Nancy had seemed to him morelike an influence than a person. The jokes on me,his giggle seemed to say. The slimblack girl straightened up and stood with her bare feet wide apartbetween rows of lettuce.
Letters came often; those from Robbie were especially cherished.
They took him at his word, and did him in completely.
Nancy said she was took giddy like in the tree, and was afraidshe would faint and fall.
Young Colbert walked along carelessly, finding exercise agreeableafter the jolting of the stage. Nancy gasped and put out her hand beseechingly. People say they used to keep theplace up as long as you went to visit there.
The Mistress is waiting for you in the parlour, Mr. Youll let me come over and see you some night after supper? She had refused to admit her doctor and Michaels lawyer. I dont hardly know what to say, butIm afraid to go up the holler road this mornin.
He looked the young man over with interest. But Chestnut Hill hasnever been the same since old Matchem died. Hed have come outall right, too, except for a funny thing. If I happen to be away,take Mary and Betty with you.