[Freeipmi-devel] Re: Software Deliverables

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Software Deliverables
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:38:28 -0800

,----[ Joseph Ruscio <address@hidden> ]
| I know there is a valid reason for this delay. I'm assuming its
| because of the KCS controller is slow
`----
Yes, your reason is valid.
KCS controller is byte oriented and slow. To pull all 134 SDR records,
it takes around 43 secs. We can't bring it down further.

Creation of "SDR Repository Cache" can be handled once during the
installation time. (Just running "sensors" in the post-inst script
with output redirected to "/dev/null" should initialize the cache).

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>