Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Software Deliverables

From: robing
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Software Deliverables
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:58:27 -0800 (PST)

OK since we only need to initialize the cache once at node install
time, then I can live with the 40 seconds.  I'll make sure the
cache initialization gets added to one of our post-install
customization scripts.

I just tried out the sensors command for the first time and here are a
a couple of things I've encountered:

1) I don't really like the syntax of the -s "SENSORS LIST" e.g.
sensors -s "44 45 46 47"
Why space delimited and in quotes?  My first guess at the syntax was:
sensors -s 44,45,46,47
which got me:
sensors: error: Invalid argument [44,45,46,47] to --sensors option

2) I'd like the sensors command to exit with a non-zero return code if
any of the sensors are in "ALERT" status.  Ideally there should be some
non-zero return code for an actual failure to execute the command properly
and a different return code for successful execution but one or more sensors
with an ALERT status.

I still have some more testing to do of the various commandline options,
so I may have some more comments later.

Thanks,
Robin