[Freeipmi-devel] Re: autoconf automake m4 versions

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: autoconf automake m4 versions
Date: 06 May 2004 09:25:18 -0700

Albert> Got it to work with automake 1.7.  But a problem is redhat's
Albert> distros don't go higher than automake 1.6.

Albert> Did you leap up versions on Debian just locally?? Do you expect
Albert> most people to on Debian to have 1.7?  B/c we used
Albert> AM_CONFIG_HEADER in the original libfreeipmi/fish projects.

Debian has packages for all the stuff I used.  Debian testing, of course,
not Debian stable.

For this one macro, it is not worth arguing - I'll see if
AM_CONFIG_HEADER still works with my setup.  But I _cannot_ go too far
back _with autoconf_ because all the really good stuff --- stuff that
makes it possible to clean things up a little bit (AC_SEARCH_LIBS for
instance) --- is recent.

I'll report soon.

Ian