Re: [Freeipmi-devel] about FISH

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] about FISH
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:46:52 -0700

,----[ "Sun, Ning" <address@hidden> ]
| Hi, In reading FISH source codes, I am puzzled by the commands like
| "eval","load","toggle","pon","poff" in file interpreter.c.
|
| Can anyone help me explain the commands' semantic?
|
| A step further, is there a document describing the FISH design and
| implementation?
|
| Thanks very much in advance!
|
| Ning Sun
`----

Much of our concentration in Fish went towards scripting and extension
interface. Binding primitives as Fish commands are still pending. But
they are as simple as adding (fi-register-command! cmd-name "doc string")
for each commands.

Before Alpha6 final release, FreeIPMI project will get a complete
developers and users guide. (plus fish commands).

Aplha6 will be followed by 3 beta releases before official 1.0
version.

I am right now struck in a remote town in India with very limitted
access to the Internet. Unable to work on my IPMI server remotely :(

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>