Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sun20 workaround doesn't

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sun20 workaround doesn't
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:32:56 +0100

Al Chu <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey Dave,
>
>> Ah.  solpayloadsize,sun20 did establish a connexion, but I think the
>> speed may be wrong as it appears dead once connected.  On the other
>> hand, after disconnecting, that seems to have taken the ILOM off the
>> air...  That is with the earliest ILOM, anyway, though it's annoying it
>> looks more broken in the latest.
>
> Well, glad it got further.  What motherboard is this?  I can add it to
> the list of workarounds.

solpayloadsize,sun20 got a connexion on x4100 with ILOM 1.0.  I can't
see a way to make ILOM 2.0.2.5 on x4100 work.

I think it's only the ILOM version which is relevant, though.  ILOM
2.0.<whatever> behaves essentially the same on the x4200, x4200m2, and
x4500 systems I have; the MBs are certainly different physically,
between them, but I don't know what differences might be relevant.  [You
can poke about on it under busybox, but I've never tried to check
exactly what's there on the different installations.]