[Freeipmi-devel] Modifications necessary for our PPC environment.

From: Dick.Detweiler
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Modifications necessary for our PPC environment.
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 15:10:34 +0000

Hi all,

I have gotten ipmiping to work on our PPC target platform but had to make two
edits to the freeipmi source that you may want to consider fixes for in the
future.

1)  HAVE_SYS_IO_H and HAVE_ASM_IO_H are both defined in config/config.h.
        This happens because our build environment has both
/usr/include/asm/io.h and
        /usr/include/sys/io.h present.  However our cross compiler directory
chain only
        has .../asm/io.h present.  I believe the fix for this is for either
autoconf
      or the configure script itself to test for cross compilation and then
look in the
        correct directory tree for the include files.

2)  Executing ipmiping on our target consistently resulted in "Command line
option error".
        This was tracked down to _cmdline_parse() in ping-tool-common.c.  The
test:

                while ((c = getopt (argc, argv, options)) != -1)

        succeeds even when -1 is returned.  This is a variable/constant size
issue as
        the test is performed over 16 or 32 bits instead of the 8 bits desired.
 I have
        fixed the problem with:

                while ((c = getopt (argc, argv, options)) != (char)-1)

Hopefully fixes for these can be included in the next release?

Thanks for your help in getting freeipmi up and working on our target.

Dick D.