Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Supermicro X8DTG-QF System Event Log

From: Götz Waschk
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Supermicro X8DTG-QF System Event Log
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 17:53:33 +0100

Dear Werner,

thanks for your hints.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Werner Fischer <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1) you could try to check the webinterface of this system's BMC.
> This mainboard has an Nuvoton WPCM450R IPMI Chip with AMI Firmware, see
> http://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/Supermicro_X8DTG-QF_Mainboard and
> http://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/Nuvoton_WPCM450R_IPMI_Chip_mit_AMI-Software
> (the sites are currently only available in German, but the pics and FW
> version information should be understandable)
> Within the webinterface you can go to "Server Health" -> "Event Log"
> It looks like:
> http://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/Datei:Supermicro-X8DT3-F-Webinterface-02-Server-Health-03-Event-Log-There-are-no-entries.png
> Maybe you see some more detailed information there.

What a coincidence, I am German and I already knew your helpful page :-)

In the web interface, the events are listed as like this:
2       11/02/2011 00:01:14     CPU2 Temp       Temperature     Overheat -
Deasserted
1       11/01/2011 23:01:14     CPU2 Temp       Temperature     Overheat -
Asserted

> 2) According to your output you are using FW Version 2.01, meanwhile
> there is an IPMI FW 2.03 available:
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/QPI/5500/X8DTG-QF.cfm
> (But I'm not sure whether this would solve your issue)

Thanks, I'll try the update later.

> 3) you write: "I wonder why the current temperature value is not shown
> by neither ipmi-sensors nor superodoctor." - Supermicro has an OEM
> sensor for this, with those meanings:
> http://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/CPU_Temp_Sensor_Interpretation_von_FreeIPMI

So there is no way of getting the temperature in °C, just the values
'Low', 'Medium', 'High' and 'Overheat'?

Regards, Götz Waschk