Re: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI on windows

From: Liebig, Holger
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI on windows
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 16:09:16 +0100

FreeIPMI compiles and runs fine under cygwin for remote access to BMC's. Since you have to distribute some of the cygwin DLL's you sooner or later run into problems with different DLL versions if other tools use cygwin too.

The only native IPMI Win32/Win64 solution available for free I am aware of is IPMIutil (see Andy's  response).

And of course you can ask the vendor of your systems if they have some Windows tools.

Best regards,

Holger