Re: [Freeipmi-users] FreeIPMI-0.3.0 on FreeBSD 6.1 [ipmi/rmcp ping an ip

From: Dmitry Frolov
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] FreeIPMI-0.3.0 on FreeBSD 6.1 [ipmi/rmcp ping an ipmiconsole fails to compile]
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 12:37:05 +0600

* Al Chu <address@hidden> [05.12.2006 23:07]:

> Hey Dmitry,
>
> > > ipmiconsole_engine.c:276:2: #error Additional threadsafe gethostbyname
> > > support
> > > needed
> > > gmake[4]: *** [libipmiconsole_la-ipmiconsole_engine.lo] Error 1
>
> I know of the problem here.  The 'gethostbyname_r' routine is not
> standard, so different OSes define it differently.  All I need is the
> FreeBSD version of gethostbyname_r and all will be good.

FreeBSD got it's gethostbyname_r() (the 6-arg variant) only recently, it
will appear in the upcoming FreeBSD 6.2 release. Until that there was
thread-safe gethostbyname() implementation, and it's safe to use it here
as I see. It will be in the planned FreeBSD compatibility patch.

There is also a universal gethostbyname_r() replacement here:

but it's not optimal.

> Al

    wbr&w, dmitry.
--
Dmitry Frolov <address@hidden>
RISS-Telecom Network, Novosibirsk, Russia