Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmiconsole asus problem

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmiconsole asus problem
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 09:55:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Bernd,

There are some ASUS ipmi compliance problems (confirmed by ASUS folks) but
I don't know about if there are any firmware fixes out there.  If you take
a look at the manpage, under "Workarounds" you can find (currently) 3
workarounds I put into ipmiconsole for Asus motherboards (please let me
know if your motherboard is not listed there, and I can add it to the
list).  The problem you're hitting below is almost assuredly the "authcap"
issue.  The "solpayloadsize" and "solport" are two others that may/may-not
exist on your motherboard.

PLMK if those workarounds work out for you.

Al

P.S.  If you/others are curious why ipmitool works by default, it's
actually related to an architectural decision.  Highlighted in part 8 of
http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/freeipmi-coding.txt.