Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmiconsole BMC Implementation with x38ml

From: ktaka
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmiconsole BMC Implementation with x38ml
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:05:42 +0900

Hi Al,

Now it's working! Both w/wo solport workaround.

address@hidden:~# /usr/ccmp/sbin/ipmiconsole -V
ipmiconsole 0.6.9.beta2

address@hidden:~# /usr/ccmp/sbin/ipmiconsole -W authcap,solpayloadsize -u
rt -p rt -h 192.168.20.116

[SOL established]

Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 diag ttyS0
192.168.20.222
diag login:
[closing the connection]

address@hidden:~# /usr/ccmp/sbin/ipmiconsole -W
authcap,solpayloadsize,solport -u rt -p rt -h 192.168.20.116
[SOL established]

Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 diag ttyS0
192.168.20.222
diag login:
[closing the connection]

I could also change the bios setting through sol session.
Thank you very much for your help.

Bad news. Maybe a new problem arises. This M/B is somewhat eccentric as
we've seen.
Sol connection seems silently disconnected from the target host through
the booting process.
(Well it may not be left disconnected, since I have to literally
disconnect by typing &. before I can recconnect. Maybe just the target
is not sending the data for some reasons.)

After I see these text, sol screen go blank and nothing is displayed
until I hit &. and reconnect sol.
-----------------
Version 1.17.1057. Copyright (C) 2007 American Megatrends, Inc.
Press <F2> to enter setup, <F12> Network Boot
Bios Version: S3200X38.86B.00.00.0039.030420081339
Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E5200  @ 2.50GHz
8 GB system memory found

Press <ESC> to Continue....10
----------------

Behind the seen, the booting process proceeds, and I can see short
duration of the process after a reconnection. But soon I will be left
with non proceeding screen, and I have to &. and reconnect.

This symptom is also seen with such tools as ipmitool, ipmiutils.
So I think eccentricity of this Mobo is causing this problem.
Maybe sol setting on the M/B part needs to be investigated.

However do you have any idea on what's causing this, and how to correct
this behavior?

--
Best regards,
Kimitoshi Takahashi