Re: [ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Update on the whole bounding box issue

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Update on the whole bounding box issue
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 21:19:58 -0400

> So, I guess I should instead rely on the bounding box functions that the
> libraries provide now? Let me know your views.

In practical terms, we need the bounding box to initialize the
top_left and the bitmap size. These values might be needed even if the
actual memory allocation and rendering is postponed indefinitely. One
should *not* expect immediate allocation of memory and rendering. For
this purpose FT_Renderer_Class is equipped with 'get_glyph_bbox',
separate from 'render_glyph'. It is not currently used however and an
outline glyph sets up its top-left and the bitmap size based on the
outline cbox.

In other words, 'ft_glyphslot_preset_bitmap' should be looping through
appropriate renderers calling 'get_glyph_bbox'. This is how it is
supposed to work.