Re: [ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Update on the whole bounding box issue

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Update on the whole bounding box issue
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 09:28:10 -0400

>> In other words, 'ft_glyphslot_preset_bitmap' should be looping through
>> appropriate renderers calling 'get_glyph_bbox'. This is how it is
>> supposed to work.

> Currently, in `ft_glyphslot_preset_bitmap', after getting the cbox, some math
> is done on it and ultimately top-left and sizing is set.

ft_glyphslot_preset_bitmap is by no means perfect and should be split
between the native renderers. I am just asking to detach bbox
calculation (or rather bitmap size and pixel position) from rendering.
There are applications that need the size and position well before the
bitmap is allocated and rendered. Do not assume otherwise.