Releases with Gitlab

From: Bermler
Subject: Releases with Gitlab
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 20:07:45 +0000

I have been thinking about this for a while, but it does make some sense. Anurag’s post reminds me and  leads me to another question: why don’t we move the release process to Gitlab?

Not only will it make stuff easier, it will also allow for binaries to built at least for the test programs, along with .lib files for dynamic or static linking. Thoughts? It can integrate with the existing meson and cmake build systems. Free desktop should have runners, but if not Gitlab main site will always work. Gitlab will do everything from building to packaging to tarballing. No need for sourceforge manual uploads anymore.

Something to think about.