Re: freetype.org now hosted on gitlab pages

From: Anurag Thakur
Subject: Re: freetype.org now hosted on gitlab pages
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 22:51:30 +0530

> However, we need something like this as a post-commit action, right?

Nope😊

The CI executes automatically on each commit to `master`.

The job name "pages" is special in that it makes gitlab to treat our repo as a website and deploy it after the build.

If you want, we can also extend this in the future to make creating a new release of FreeType as simple as pressing a button.

It's pretty cool stuff😁.

Regards
Anurag

On Thu, 28 Oct, 2021, 10:16 PM Werner LEMBERG, <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> I would like to request the maintainers to clear any config left on
> the previous hosting platform/any shell scripts used to manage the
> website, since it's all managed by gitlab pages now.

I have just disabled the cron script (to be exececuted every ten
minutes) on my freedesktop.org account that updated the web pages:

  date >> /home/wl/crontab.log

  (cd /home/wl/freetype-web
   git pull >> /home/wl/crontab.log 2>&1)

  rsync --recursive \
        --links \
        --exclude ".git" \
        --delete \
        --delete-excluded \
        /home/wl/freetype-web/ \
        /srv/freetype.freedesktop.org/www \
        >> /home/wl/crontab.log 2>&1

However, we need something like this as a post-commit action, right?

    Werner