Re: Status update on project

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Status update on project
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 05:11:16 +0000 (UTC)

[CCing 'freetype-devel']

> I've been working on a prototype of the whole system this week: the
> database, the reverse glyph mapping, and an adjustment fixing i and
> j.  The adjustment part seems to be working.  I've been triggering
> it on a hard-coded glyph index because I created that before the
> database, but I expect the database and mapping to be functional by
> the end of the week.

Excellent, thanks!

> What do you expect by the evaluation time?  On my proposal, I had
> the database and reverse mapping as the first tasks, but I actually
> did an adjustment first.  This was because it's the most interesting
> part of the project and I wanted to try an idea I had for fixing i
> and j.  It also helped me to understand the requirements for the
> database.

Don't worry about the order of tasks, which is IMHO mainly a means to
write a good GSoC proposal.  If it turns out that another order is
better or more straightforward, simply change it.[*]

> When the code is ready, I'll push it to my personal branch and I
> would greatly appreciate a code review.  Can you do that?

Certainly!

    Werner

[*] If you worked in a team, the situation would be completely
    different, of course.