Re: Two patches

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: Two patches
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 05:20:25 +0000 (UTC)

On Saturday, 3 June 2023 at 12:31:21 GMT+8, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> Thanks a lot!  I've applied them now to the repository, with minor
> formatting changes.

Argh, sorry about the formatting. To that end, freetype's coding style has always struck me as slightly unusual... I usually try to imitate the style of neighbouring code of, but sometimes my own "default" settings still creep in. It is probably something I should know, given how many years and how much time I have looked at freetype code, but is there a GNU indent / emacs indent style config / clang-format incantation to automatically format to the "preferred" style? I just did a quick look (inside the docs/ directory) and couldn't find it. Sorry this may be an FAQ - obviously I need a refresher/reminder :-). It probably was a FAQ when freetype 1 & 2 was in more active development...

Actually a clang-format incantation (pretty sure you don't yet have one, the bulk of freetype came along before clang existed, and nobody here is a clang fanatic) might be an interesting side task for the GSoC students, to learn about clang-format and modern coding practices.  The other two, GNU indent and emacs config, are too "niche" to young people...

Hin-Tak