Re: Two patches

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: Two patches
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 18:20:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Saturday, 3 June 2023 at 15:00:41 GMT+8, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> ... we *do* already have a `.clang-format` file in the git repository!
> However, there are fundamental design decisions in `clang-format` that
> can't be configured – and the maintainers don't plan to change that,
> I've checked that.  If you process a file with it, you can easily see
> the problems.

Argh, sorry about that!  Not too embarrassing to miss that - a single commit at the beginning of pandemic. There is no mention of it elsewhere. I see there is no convenient place to mention it also - there isn't a "contributor's guide". Mentioning it somewhere in docs/ would be appropriate,  since it is a hidden file.. how did the recent GSoC people cope? :-).

I'll be sure to try it when I add large enough block to see what it does.