freetype

Re: FT Performance Regression?

From: Jamie Dale
Subject: Re: FT Performance Regression?
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 22:50:21 +0000

> Direct   rendering   using  FT_RASTER_FLAG_DIRECT   crashed   (bug
introduced in version 2.10.0).
Okay, fair enough, I was looking for something
mentioning FT_RASTER_FLAG_CLIP or clip_box.

> Does using clip_box solve it?
Yes, using the clip_box logic from my earlier email. Once again, not
documented nor called out in a release note. I've not looked at the code
for 2.10.1, but if all you've done is fixed the crash when
omitting FT_RASTER_FLAG_CLIP so that it uses an unbounded clip_box without
clamping it later (like gray_compute_cbox used to) then you're still
sitting on a 10x performance regression.

-Jamie.