gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL 2.6.1 for windows (MSYS)

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL 2.6.1 for windows (MSYS)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:06:45 +1000

Hi Bill.

| installed, removing GCL 2.6.1 using the
|
|   Control Panel/Add Remove Programs
|
| also removes the msys.bat file! Seems I mite unfriendly,
| doesn't it?? <grin>

It does seem to be unfriendly, but I haven't had this manifest yet - I'll
look into it further when I get back.

| BTW, weren't you going to upload a new windows binary
| version that did not have to be installed in lang/gcl261?
| The current version on debian still has this problem.

I did and I thought it worked here as I checked on a completely clean
Windows XP machine.  I was wrong by the sound of it!

The package I believed to be fixed was:

  gcl_2.6.1.mingw32_japi_xdr_20030929.zip

Once again, when I get back.  Rosie is now on her fourth page of pictures...

Cheers

Mike Thomas.