gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: OpenBSD and GCL

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: OpenBSD and GCL
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:09:35 +1000

Hi Magnus.

Many thanks for the info.

I'll look into those attachments later in the week when I get back to this
problem - it's kind of a background relief task for me at the moment when I
get frustrated with the Windows port.

Once I know what is happening I'll let you know so that you can get set up.

I did some nore work on this last night and the main problems were that, as
it is distributed, OpenBSD 3.4 does not have GNU sed, GNU make, no isnormal
and in ieeefp.h, no FP_NZERO.

I just copied the h/FreeBSD.* files to OpenBSD.* and made appropriate
changes. By working around the problems with isnormal and friends I got to
the point where the BSD sed stopped me.

I am now wondering whether the best strategy is to try and modify the source
of GCL so that it works oput of the box on a stock standard OpenBSD or
whether to ask potential builders to "download this, download that etc".

There seems to be no OpenBSD 3.4 version of GNU sed available for download
so it will probably have to be built from scratch - not attractive to
potential users and I suspect against the OpenBSD philosophy of sticking to
the audited, "officially blessed" packages.

Cheers

Mike Thomas