gcl-devel

RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] State of play with GCL 2.6.5 onWin

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] State of play with GCL 2.6.5 onWindows
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:53:59 +1000

Hi Camm.

| > I'm pleased to say that the above build of my locally modified
| Windows arch
| > checkout of Axiom using stable GCL 2.6.5 worked as expected - still hand
| > copying daase files of course.
| >

| Sorry I've missed the details here.

Not surprising given the flurry of emails.

|  What's the problem with the
| database build?

There is a long standing problem that on Windows you have to copy by hand
the daase files by hand half way through the build:

   cp src/share/algebra/*.daase int/algebra/

This may be related to the issue mentioned here last night:

   http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2004-12/msg00117.htm

which I have yet to look into.

One thing I forgot to mention in that email is that I have also noticed in
the past hard wired Unix paths in the Makefiles some of which I fixed but
not yet pervasively.

There is a second daase problem (recent) in that the arch archive for
Windows either downloaded onto my machine incorrectly or else is completely
missing the src/share directory (tla is not working very well for me).

Cheers

Mike Thomas.