gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.6 windows problem with maxima

From: Billinghurst, David \(CALCRTS\)
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.6 windows problem with maxima
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:38:16 +1100

> From: Mike Thomas
>
> Hi all.
>
> | Greetings!  Could someone please try the offending system with GCL
> | 2.6.5?  I'd appreciate very much a quick reply indicating whether we
> | have a show stopper or not.
>
> I'm just not able to do much about this stuff today I'm
> sorry.  Thanks to
> Dave and Vlad for picking up the slack.  Sorry Camm for
> messing up your
> holiday exit.
>
> Maxima 5.9.1 builds with GCL 2.6.6pre using gcc 3.3.1 and
> binutils 2.14.90
> as reported by Dave.  These are the conditions under which 2.6.5 was
> released and those conditions should continue to apply for
> Maxima builds at
> least.  It may be the case that for Axiom gcc 3.4.2 and
> binutils 2.15.90 are
> required; I probably won't get a chance to check that for a
> while - awkward
> indeed.  I have also not tested ACL2.

ACL2 builds with GCL 2.6.6pre using gcc 3.3.1 and binutils 2.14.90,
and "make certify-books" is in progress.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and may contain
privileged information. If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying or
distribution of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited and you must not
read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or attachments.
This notice should not be removed.