gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Can't compile latest GCL on Ubuntu 14.04

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Can't compile latest GCL on Ubuntu 14.04
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 16:37:01 -0400

Greetings!

Faré <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Greetings, and thanks for your patience!  I have not forgotten about
>> you!
>>
>> I've committed basically Will's dis-asm reordering patch to master to
>> (hopefully) fix your immediate problem.
>>
> Thanks!
>
>> Please be aware that 2.6.11 is not yet merged into master, and I do not
>> feel comfortable working extensively on it until this is done.
>>
>> 2.6.11 has revealed an ACL2_HONS improvement which I am chasing at the
>> moment.  When this is finished, then merge 2.6.11, then proceed with
>> master.  I hope this is OK.
>>
> Should I be testing on 2.6.11? Is there a rough description of
> the differences between the two branches, somewhere?

No -- stick with master, for the extra level of ansi compliance you require.

> I had defpackage woes before on GCL, and that looks like a regression,
> although I haven't recorded which combination of GCL and ASDF worked
> before — or whether indeed it was plainly loading asdf.o.

Don't think anything has changed here recently.  Please excuse my fading
memory, but if you could provide a simple transcript showing how you got
your sources, how they were built, and the command you are running which
fails, it would help me greatly.

I have a complete rewrite of the logical-pathname stuff just for you
lying about, waiting for me to finalize acl2 on stable for a while.

Take care,