gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome Commander version 1.14.0 released

From: Ken Taylor
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome Commander version 1.14.0 released
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 02:43:14 +0000

Thanks Uwe,

That is great news!  Of course there is always something to overcome :-(

Building on Ubuntu 20.04 I get this message during ./configure

configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.66.0) were not met:
Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.66.0' but version of GLib is 2.64.6

It seems that 2.64.6 is the current version for Ubuntu 20.04 which is the Long
Term Support release.

ken@vmMintMate20-gc:~/Desktop$ sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libglib2.0-dev is already the newest version (2.64.6-1~ubuntu20.04.4).

This also impacts Linux Mint 20.3 which is built from Ubuntu 20.04.

Let me setup Ubuntu 21.10 and see what happens. If I can build on 21.10.
perhaps the .deb package will work on the older OS (or not). I will let you
know.

Cheers,

Ken Taylor

I don't have a Swiss bank account but I DO have a Swiss email address :-)

Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.