gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome Commander version 1.14.0 released

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome Commander version 1.14.0 released
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 17:08:38 +0100

Am Sun, 06 Feb 2022 15:06:44 +0000 schrieb Ken Taylor via gcmd-users:

> Good news and not so good news,
>

> [...]
>
> Until then if I want to use the desktop trashcan I guess I will just have to
> use the built in file manager :-(  Actually I rarely use the trash can. When
> I delete something with gnome-commander I want it DELETED.  A really neat
> trick would be an option to securely delete the file, perhaps with shred.
> However, with solid state drives I am not sure how effective that is.

If desired you could already implement a shortcut or a program (Settings ->
Options -> Programs -> Other favourite apps) to set up a secure deletion
command. ;-)

But you're right, I just implemented the use of a trash can for others... I
don't need it for myself :)

Thank you for the report, Ken. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Uwe