ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] 30th anniversary t-shirt

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] 30th anniversary t-shirt
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 01:56:50 -0400

Luca Saiu <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2013-09-09 at 20:02, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> By the way, I would not mind to buy a sweatshirt with zipper. I have now
>>> 40 Free Software/GNU t-shirts. It would make more sense for me to buy
>> a sweatshirt and combine it with the t-shirts :-)
>
> I was thinking again about your message, and customized apparel.
>
> Having these things done is surprisingly easy if you find the right
> shop, but it gets relatively expensive for producing small runs.  I
> think we should propose more designs to the FSF.  I don't think that
> even a well organized print-on-demand shop can compete with the economy
> of scale of having a large order prepared all at once.

We'd love to have more designs. We definitely have the capacity to carry
more kinds of items (and are slowly adding them), but coming up with the
ideas and getting the artwork done is often the main obstacle.

We don't have a zippered sweatshirt currently (just pullover ones), but
I would very much like to.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.