ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] 30th anniversary t-shirt

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] 30th anniversary t-shirt
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 19:18:24 +0200

On 2013-09-11 at 14:16, address@hidden wrote:

> Simply put the design by Luca in the back and do it in a reasonable
> quality :-)

Thank you very much for your appreciation Juan, but you should notice
that on the night when I did the design I had been an Inkscape user for
*two* days.  Experienced designers with good taste can do a much better
job, and actually draw something new.

John, if you want to encourage people to contribute new designs then I
think that the GNU and FSF sites should better advertise the idea.  The
only relevant places I could quickly find where the idea is mentioned
are the third and second-to-last items here:

  http://shop.fsf.org/faq/

and this section well hidden in the LibrePlanet wiki:

http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Free_Software_Foundation/Ideas#Store_suggestions

My suggestion would be to update http://www.gnu.org/help/help.html and
the beginning of http://www.gnu.org/graphics/ (likely to be visited by
graphic designers), both at a one-click distance from the main page.

I'd add something like this:
* Contribute graphic designs

We are looking for new graphic designs for t-shirts and other GNU and
FSF items to offer on our shop.  If you are interested in contributing
some good-quality art to help raise free software awareness, please
contact address@hidden

Luca Saiu
Home page:   http://ageinghacker.net
GNU epsilon: http://www.gnu.org/software/epsilon