ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] Fw: Re: [FOSDEM-Devrooms] Proposal for Dev Room at FOS

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Fw: Re: [FOSDEM-Devrooms] Proposal for Dev Room at FOSDEM 2014
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 00:30:16 +0200

On 19/09/2013 00:50, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've now submitted an initial list of talks to the FOSDEM organisers and
> am awaiting their feedback. Please see below and let me know if I missed
> anything/anyone out or got anything wrong.
>
> Also, feel free to encourage interested parties to send me/us an idea
> for a talk, or send me their name, Spanish Inquisition style, and I'll
> get in touch with them to see if they might be interested in offering a
> talk.

If needed I could try to make a speech on Haiku, or rather GNU/Limerick
as RMS himself would suggest calling it, like how and why we use GNU
tools and libraries, ... but that'd probably not be very technical.

> (I don't currently know how many talks would be appropriate, so we may
> somehow have to make a final selection at some point, but I feel that
> might be better than not having enough talks… :-)

I recall the hard time I had trying to get people motivated to talk at
the Alt-OS devroom some years ago... we ended up having a really nice
program but making it was really time consuming.

François.